Stuffy Noses, Business Trips and the Vet

OK, I know I’ve been AWOL for a few days, but it couldn’t be helped.  My lovely body decided that the girly monster wasn’t enough, so it decided that I also needed a bit of a stuffy nose and a fever.  Then we also had to take Buddy to the vet on Thursday for his health check.  Hubby was home for a couple of days after being away on a business trip and then he left again yesterday afternoon for another business trip…sigh.

Between me not feeling well and the vet and getting hubby packed again for another trip, I honestly didn’t even feel like getting on the computer.  The weather hasn’t been cooperating either.  It has been really windy, cold and raining since last night.  The kind of weather where you just want to curl up in front of a roaring fire with a cup of hot cocoa.  Unfortunately, I could only do one of those things, so here I sit at the computer with a cup of Ovaltine.

As one of my readers commented the other day, she said the cleaning would still be there…she was right!  I finally got to clean the bathroom and do the vacuuming today and I’m still doing wash and it’s after 5:00.

Buddy’s vet visit was nearly uneventful.  He had no problem with us putting him in the carrier and he didn’t seem to mind the car until we were about halfway there (luckily it’s only about a 5-6 minute trip) and he let out a meeeoooww that lasted a good 7 or 8 seconds!  Got into the vet and he was quiet while we waited to be called in.  He didn’t seem too keen about being on the table and being poked and prodded (he’s been neutered – nothing like having your balls fondled by a stranger, eh?)  The vet said it’s possible the RSPCA sometimes picks up strays and neuters them and puts them back on the street (why don’t they just put them up for adoption?) but he’s not been microchipped.  I guess one out of two ain’t bad.

He was fine with the shot and then the vet wanted to give him a flea pill.  He put the tablet onto a plastic plunger-like thing and tried to shove it down his throat…well Buddy decided that wasn’t going to happen and he spit it out.  So it ended up being the little tube of ointment you put on their backs.  We had to put Buddy into the carrier to put that on as he kept trying to back up.  I think by that time he had had enough.

Can’t wait until he gets his next booster shot….in three weeks!

Buddy, exhausted after his vet visit

He has settled in quite well and has obviously made himself comfortable, although Crystal still hisses at him.  He hasn’t used the litter box and I haven’t found any ‘accidents’ in the house, but he lets me know if he needs to go out.  He sleeps on the bed with us at night and he’s definitely a lap cat!  I think he’s just happy to have a warm, dry home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s